Jasná Nízke Tatry, as the largest ski area in Slovakia and the top free ride resort in Central Europe with excellent conditions for winter sports, offers endless possibilities for activities, entertainment and active leisure on northern and southern slopes of Mt. Chopok. Apart from 49 km perfectly maintained ski slopes of various difficulties Jasná is a sought-after resort for wide possibilities of free riding.
Free ride lovers come into their own in several free ride zones and a great snow park. By development of cableways running from the northern hillside (A1 Funitel) as well as the southern hillside (A2 Chopok Juh) an interconnection was created between the zones serving throughout the winter season. And thus the free ride became a more available alternative to skiing in Jasná.
The north and the south of Chopok are totally different in their nature. The advanced free riders mostly prefer steep mountain couloirs in the north, the beginners and dedicated free riders will appreciate powder plains in the south. Jasná has been definitely the largest and the best approachable free ride resort in Slovakia. The winter season lasts generally from the beginning of December to the end of April.
The free ride area at Chopok is also a venue where the JASNA ADRENALIN FWQ international competition has been held and is listed in the Freeride World Tour Qualifier.
Current avalanche warning level can be checked:
- In the resort: electronic imaging maps at biela púť, Grand Jet, Priehyba, Srdiečko, Krupová, Chopok and avalanche board at chopok.
- FREERIDE CENTRE : locality of Biela Púť Mountain rescue service
- Mobile app
- Website: www.hzs.sk
MOUNTAIN RESCUE SERVICE MOBILE APP
- user GPS location – clarifies and accelerates arrival of MRS.
- calling MRS emergency service 18300 and sending emergency SMS with current GPS position.
- latest information on avalanche situation, warnings, contacts, useful advices, and a short tutorial to first aid.
- light and SOS light.
- it´s freely available.